Thursday, July 28, 2011

The Most Important Meal of the Day...

Breakfast!

Eating a GF breakfast can be a little boring sometimes..unless you try out some of these ideas! There are some great cereals (Rice Chex, Honey Nut Rice Chex, Cinnamon Rice Chex, Peanut Butter Panda Puffs, Leapin' Lemurs, etc.) but sometimes I don't feel like eating cereal! Sometimes I miss toast. And I want it.

When I was in England last year, my sweet friend Heidi made me gluten free bread, which I had for a snack one evening, with a banana on the side. After seeing that I had both bread and banana on my plate, she made a suggestion:

Toast the bread with some butter and put sliced banana on it.


I decided to take her advice and try it, and I'm so glad I did! Ever since that day, I love toast with sliced banana on it. One day after I had arrived home and was craving a snack that was both delicious and reminded me of England, I decided to make this and my dad made another suggestion:

Put honey on it.


So here it is! Something delectable for breakfast or a snack! I love to wash this down with a glass of orange juice, like most my other breakfasts.



One side note, you need the right bread- Udi's!!!!



I have tried several GF breads, and out of all of them, this is by far the best. Yes, you do have to keep it frozen, but it seems to thaw out much quicker than Kinnickinnick bread (which is edible, but smells like wet dog to me and my family). This is probably because it's so much lighter than the other breads, which tend to be super dense. It's perfect for toast, but it doesn't need to be toasted to be edible and taste good :) I can enjoy any type of cold sandwich that I want on this bread, but we'll save that for another time.

So, take however many pieces of bread you want, stick them in the toaster until they are toasted to your liking, (you don't need to wait for them to thaw to toast) spread some butter on the now warm and toasty bread, place the slices of banana on the bread, drizzle honey on top (if you like), and enjoy!


<3
Miss GF

No comments:

Post a Comment